Sunday, April 6, 2014

Skatervader - 'C.U.N.T. in the Basement' EP

OOkaayyy, I'm finally digging into the Obscuro! archives to bring you new shit. When I started the blog (a looonnng time ago, apparently) I was getting a lot of random stuff off other blogs, so I didn't re-post other peoples' uploads out of respect. Now, however, most of these source sites are long gone, and so is a lot of this music. So, I'm gonna share some, because why not?

First up is this demented little rap EP from a couple years ago. I don't know much about this guy, except that he has some sort of affiliation with sometimes-Raider Klan oddballs Metro Zu. I DO know that this release SCREAMS 'new hip hop.' For one thing, it's directly influenced by Death Grips (who I can take or leave) and even includes a quote in one song. But, don't worry, it doesn't really sound like them too much other than being loud. It's more like if some teenager tried to recreate the Grips' atmosphere with some shitty freeware beat making program, which is probably exactly what it is. Maybe even a next-generation version of the stuff Death Comet Crew were doing in the 80's. I dunno, it's interesting though, and the rapper ain't all that bad. For what it's worth, I like it a good deal more than Death Grips.

Skatervader - 'C.U.N.T. in the Basement'
Tracklist:

1. Tune In
2. Fuck It
3. In the Basement
4. Brain Fucked
5. The Realm
6. I Don't Give a Shit
7. Dead Pigeons
8. Hell Raiser

DL

No comments: